Poichi Turn Excercise ( Split Butterfly )
Make 4 position always. Even when you make turn 2 of Horizontal and 2 of Vertical.
4 Truns x 2 feet = 8 Variations
This move was created by Thomas.
!! DON'T DO IT WITHOUT PROTECTION. YOU GET HEAVY BURN !!
You can experience Infinite Spiral first. You can feel it.
- Wrap poi on the wrist, both hands same direction
- String make slightly diagonal line to the same direction.
- Swing poi on the wall plane,
- Swing bigger and Catch both hand togather tight, and twist.
*Keep poi on the wall plane
*Make sure you wrap poi on your wrist, not hand.
*Hole hands tight.
*Meke your arms straight to front, 90 degrees to the poi plane.
Now you practice how to get in
- wrap, un-wrap on the wrist
- wrap and catch and release, with one poi. make nice "S" curve to the centere where both hands meet.
- wrap and spiral with one poi
- both hand togather.
* make plane and rhythm clean.
* Imagine Yin Yang curve.
* On count 188.8.131.52, you can release. On count 184.108.40.206, you'll wrap poi on wrist again and make shorter spiral.
Find Partner and use the same poi !
Feel how it works
- Wrap once on your wrist. if you go clockwise, then your partner goes counter clock wise. So the string line on wrists will be opposite direction.
- Hold your partner's wrist, not hand.
- hold one poi each
- swing poi together and twist!
* make poi plane straight and your arms make one nice line so poi and arms make 90 degrees always
* Don't twist too much, look your partner, face is saying "painful!"
Imagin yin yang circle for partner spiral.
- Wrap your poi, where the "S curve" meet outer circle. If you spin poi right hand, then wrap your poi at right side of your body.
- Follow the S curve into the middle, meet your partners arm there. Catch it and spiral it.
- On the count 1,3,5... you release your partner and follow the rest of "S curve" to exit to outer circle.
* one need to be a leader. to change the rhythm.
* make Nice Plane between you and partner.
* Complete Yin-Yang Curve
* Make straight arm line between
* Don't do " wrapping and moving" togather. wrap, then move.